Airkit began in 2017 when co-founders Adam Evans and Stephen Ehikian wanted to enable leading brands to connect with their customers in a new, digital way. As consumers of many products, they couldn’t understand why, in the age of big data, AI, cloud computing, and connected products, their interactions with companies were so impersonal, reactive, and time-consuming.
The Airkit team previously founded and built RelateIQ (sold to Salesforce in 2014). We witnessed first hand how every aspect of the relationship between companies and their customers was changing. Everyone and everything is now connected, and customer expectations are rapidly increasing.
Located in Redwood City, CA, the company launched publicly in October 2020. Since then, we have seen the rapid adoption & expansion of our product within leading Fortune 500 brands and hyper-growth businesses, world-wide.
The Airkit Runtime team is a truly full stack team, responsible for distributed systems, parsers/interpreters and static analysis, front-end React code, and everything in between, including highly technical and theoretical problems that will put a CS degree to good use. As a Digital Customer Experience platform, the Airkit Runtime is responsible for taking our customer’s applications and turning them into real interactive customer experiences.
As to be expected in a fast moving start-up, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Below is a partial description of the valuable qualities we are looking for in the ideal candidate for a Senior Front-End Engineer:
- Ability to accurately estimate project timelines, set milestones, and execute
- Comfort with architecting new features and maintaining existing ones
- Desire to “do it right” and to go the extra mile to make it happen
- Excels in an agile work environment with frequently shifting priorities
- Passion for programming and problem solving, demonstrable via personal projects and/or previous startup experience
- Proven track record of successful projects
- Team Player, eager to learn and desire to mentor new/junior team members
- Strength in collaborating multi-functionally across engineering, design, and product
- Genuine interest in the Airkit product, mission, and team
- Option to work remotely or from our Redwood City, CA office
Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to...)
- Maintain and improve the web component library for the Airkit application runtime
- Build supporting UI/UX in the Airkit Studio to support new runtime features
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Maintain and improve the platform Event Handling framework
- Maintain and improve the AirClient API used to embed Airkit apps in 3rd party systems
- Mentor and support junior teammates
- Identify areas of improvement and help advocate for engineering-driven roadmap projects
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in software development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years experience working with at least one modern web framework; React strongly preferred
- History of building reusable libraries, components, and abstractions
- A working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Bonus points for Typescript, LESS
- Front End: Typescript, React, Redux
- Backend: Kotlin, Flyway, jOOQ, Gradle, Node
- Infrastructure: AWS, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Lambda, Kubernetes, Vault, Consul, Terraform, Spinnaker
Benefits & Perks
At Airkit, we want our teammates to feel cared for, wherever they are in life. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Stipend for productivity, health & wellness
- Monthly Team Events & quarterly Hackdays
- Option to work from our California office or remotely
At Airkit, we are thoughtful about compensation and take into consideration a variety of factors which may influence salary such as experience, skills, geography, and alignment with our values.
Not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your experiences don’t perfectly align, but you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d still love to hear from you.
Airkit is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.